Monday, August 30, 2010

The Birth of The Love Song

In the studio coolin
Alone, only light is that of a distant lamp
The beat is on repeat, yet I still can't figure out where I want to take it...
Slow tempo, deep bass, dainty treble
The harmony of the Jill Scott samples sending me into a deep cruise control...
I close my eyes and float into a safe haven unbeknown to the rest of the world...
There, only You and I exist
Twice the passion shared within each kiss
I whisper softly in your ear everything about you that I missed...
I clap my hands and A car appears...
I let you in the passenger and slide into the driver...
It begins to rain, as we tilt back our seats and gaze at the glass ceiling...
The pitter patter of the rain against the windshield soothes our overworked souls
I slowly reach over and caress your hand as you match my stare and smile back
The rain slows to a stop and the Moon peers through the remaining clouds
I help you out the car as you join me on a midnight walk
Barefoot we wander, hand in hand, across the beautiful beaches of Spain
I let her hand loose to watch her smile, dance, and frolic in the incoming tide...
A slight earthquake or murmur of the earth beneath me and I jolt out of the daze
A text from my love with merely a smiley followed by "I Love You" illuminates the area...
A smile creeps across my face as I grab my pen and pad... Thus beginning my love song...

2 comments: