Monday, September 6, 2010

All For Nothing...

First day of class, Yea I'm up here early
Bird's tryna get that worm, Believe that Homie
Chillin in the second row, Smart with Swag
And then you walked in, I damn near gasped...
Popped a Squat in desk next to mine
Couldn't see it in my face, but I almost lost my Mind
Girl you so damn FINE, I bet even ya Momma a Dime
Got me unfocused on class and tryna get with that...
"Class" the teacher chimes in...
"Write your name on the Sheet, then you may begin"
I was doin' my thang, til again you caught my eye
Leanin over your work and a strand of hair fell to your eye
My eyes sank to your feet as I encased your outfit
So smooth, your curves nearly made some slob drip
And before I even knew it you matched my stare
then your Angelic hand brushed back your hair
My stunned lips fumbled an inaudible "Hello"
As you read my lips, you ignored it, my heart fell to the floor
We finished our work, then class was ended
I tried to find a band-aid for my pride, but it couldn't be mended
There's always next class, I can try again...
But in my heart I knew, I probably wasn't even cool enough to be your friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment