Monday, August 30, 2010

Archives: Summer Rain

Complete silence covers the scene 
Minus pitter patter against the windshield
It’s a smooth, subtle drizzle. One of those "Quiet Storms" 
We lay in our separate seats, hers being the passenger,
Hand in hand gazing at the sun roof
The sky is a light gray shade with random splotches of white
I whisper in her ear and she nods in agreement
Putting the car on standby so the slow jams can keep the mood
We climb into the backseat, but me and my girl on a chill groove
I lean back against the door and she lays in my lap, head on my chest
We sit glaring out the window thinking of infinite tomorrows
Reminiscing on the day and laughing away all our sorrows
This love right here? One I'll never forget
She loves me for who I was, who I am, as well as who I'll become
And I need her love like vampires need to hide from the sun
But we need no reminders of our compatibleness, so we rest
My arms gently wrapped around her, I feel her fall asleep
Our breathing in sync, but I don't need a boy band to sing of her love
In her ear I whisper the lyrics to "All my life" by KayCee and Jo Jo
Just to put a smile on her face, simply because she knows I mean every word
In her angelic voice she whispers back "I love you too baby"
Both smiling and filled with love from each others presence
We sit back and chill, listening to the pitter patter of the Summer Rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment