Thursday, November 18, 2010

Feelings

I'm not very good at expressing my feelings, but if I was...
I would tell you about how I wish I was your favorite hoodie
So that every time you were cold, I could hold you close and keep you warm
but I'm not good at expressing my feelings...
I'm not very good at expressing my feelings, but if I was...
I would tell you how much I wish I was your favorite song
So that every time you heard me on the radio, you'd close your eyes, bite your lip
move those lips slow with that "This my Jam" face and hope I was on repeat...
but I'm not good at expressing my feelings...
I'm not very good at expressing my feelings, but if I was...
I would tell you that I wanted to be your favorite food
so that you would crave my taste, and once I fulfilled your every need
You would have a satisfied feeling in your core, get the "itis" and fall right asleep
but I'm not good at it tho...
What we have reminds me of learning to ride a bike
The first days we were a little shaky, trying to get used to it all
Once the going was good, we were rolling
then we hit a bump in the road and we crashed down hard...
Skinned our knee and winced in pain like Peter Griffin
Now we show our true colors
Will we stick together and give it another shot
or will we bicker and argue with each other?
With you I always felt a sense of care that no matter what I did
whether endangering my life driving too fast while the rain's amidst
or anything else that would bring me uncomfortably close to death's grip
You would still be there waiting with a warm hug and a Kiss
And In the blink of an eye, maybe the snap of a finger
I found away to dismantle us and no more would you linger
No calls, no texts, not even a mentioned tweet
Hopefully I didn't earn a distasteful subtweet, bittersweet
I try to sleep, but its hard when I can't hear from you first
I hate how our relationship took a turn for the worse
Wondering "Can We Fix It?" like Bob the Builder
But I can't do it by myself, wont you reconsider?

No comments:

Post a Comment