Saturday, January 1, 2011

Lesson Learned...

Change comes with time
Time heals all wounds
Meeting of the minds
but Mine's in it's own pool
Swimming freely in a sea of blue
All alone creeping along feeling blue
No one to connect with
Share things in new prospectives
Deep longing for that one
With an aura like the Sun
To come along and sing me a new song
Been sellin dreams for too long
Every night my heart is cold
from all day giving away my soul
Showing nonchalant affection out of being bored
and never really meaning it made me in to a whore
of the mind
Texting in rhymes to pass the time
knowing that I'd touch her heart every time
but now those hearts are no more
They all flew away after the storm
So I sit in the rubble around me, clutching on to half a heart
giving It my all
Knowing sooner or later it'll be my downfall
And the heart I cling to is only a half
because another young man's a variable in her math
and we struggle each day for a bigger percentage
In the end, we still wont know who the real winner is
And after playing with so many hearts I finally learned a lesson
A Broken Heart just isn't something you want to be blessed with...

No comments:

Post a Comment